PDS Tech Inc Windows Application Packager. Raleigh, NC 27609 in Raleigh, North Carolina
PDS TECH INC. has an exciting opportunity for the role of Windows Application Packager located in Raleigh,NC 27609
CONTACT: Sana Khan, DIRECT#: 314-665-2124, EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also Share this job with your friends and get rewarded with an exciting Referral Bonus.
NOTE: 6 Months Contract-to-Hire. Applicant must be a US Citizen or a Green Card and is able to Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance
and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for creating deployment packages for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment.
• Package applications and software updates utilizing tools such as Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield and Wise Package Studio.
• Develop, maintain, and deploy secure web browser packages using a variety of web browsers including Internet Explorer, FireFox, and Chrome in a Windows environment.
• Develop and follow procedures for testing applications prior to deployment.
• Document the customizations and changes made during the packaging process
• Participate in the preparation of materials and oral presentations for customers and management.
• Play a lead role in meetings relating to specific technical projects or tasks.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 2+ years of relevant experience. 4 years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Recent experience packaging applications and application updates using Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, or Wise Installer/Packaging Studio.
• A thorough understanding of how applications install on the Microsoft Windows platforms.
• Experience or knowledge of Power Shell and/or VB scripting.
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Registry and ability to query or modify settings.
• Experience with remote access tools, including RDP, NetMeeting and Windows Desktop
• Knowledge of MS Windows server and desktop operating systems.
• Ability to develop and maintain accurate and comprehensive IT documentation.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Minimum 2 years experience packaging applications and application updates using Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, or Wise Installer/Packaging Studio.
• Experience with App-V or Virtualizing applications
• Strong development experience, especially scripting and packaging.
• Experience working in a large enterprise environment and networks.
• Local to the Raleigh, NC area, this position does not provide relocation experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.