GlaxoSmithKline Site Tech Delivery Lead in Raleigh, North Carolina
Site Tech Delivery Lead
Open date:Apr 16, 2018 3:10 PM
Functional area:Project Management
Experience required:5 years
Email a friend
Your Responsibilities:Job Purpose:
As part of the site-based Tech team, the key purpose of this job is to lead the planning, approval and execution activities for new IT systems, infrastructure and services deployed for the Zebulon manufacturing site.
This role is to be performed on site at the Zebulon facility. There is limited opportunity to work remotely.
• Lead the introduction of shared service global solutions/systems, services and initiatives.
• Own tasks involved in the preparation and implementation of new infrastructure and other pre-requisite phases.
• Lead the site/supply chain aspects of archiving and decommissioning activities for systems that have reached the end of their lifecycle.
• Manage site Tech Risk, Change, & Compliance tasks during project deployment.
• Work with Site Tech Business Partner, Tech Business Process Partner, Tech Project Delivery Service and the Business Unit Sponsor to develop a deep understanding of the business cases for change, then drive the approval of projects through site and Tech governance processes.
• Maximizes value via understanding of relevant SAP functions.
• Secure GSK shared service and/or 3rd party resources if required – as part of deployments.
• Provide appropriate knowledge transfer as delivery phase approaches completion.
• Ensure that effective use is made of new Tech systems, and that target benefits are measured and achieved.
• Oversee GSK project management processes and procedures for projects.
• Deployments will include the introduction of GSK global programs, single-site installations of strategic solutions and, by exception, local tactical solutions. This will be achieved through:
o Deputizing for Site Tech Business Partner as necessary.
o Ensuring the GMS Tech Roadmap / Maturity of Adoption data are current for Zebulon.
o Driving Tech and Business Unit project approval including resource, funding, and timeline commitments.
o Managing project stage gate approvals and stakeholder awareness.
o Developing and monitoring project metrics
o Hosting / facilitating regular deployment review meetings
o Successfully delivering upon committed strategy deployment and development objectives.
• The Site Tech Delivery Lead will have budget responsibility. Proficiency in site capital and financial processes for raising project capital and requirements is key.
Impact of Decisions
This role is responsible for ensuring successful introduction of new Tech systems, services and initiatives. Many Tech systems are critical to operations, so project deployments must be well-planned, outages must be agreed, understood, controlled and tested to ensure the site can return to normal operations as quickly as possible.
Basic qualifications:• BS/BA Degree with major concentration in Computer Science, Engineering, or related science.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as an IT Project Manager, Systems Analyst or Business Analyst (or combination of relevant education and experience).
• Minimum of 3 years’ knowledge and experience with all stages of the Tech systems development life cycle.
• Thorough understanding of and experience with cGxP related to computer systems.
• Knowledge of at least two of the following:
o Understanding of client/server system architecture
o Manufacturing or Laboratory related computer systems
o Systems requirements / analysis
Preferred qualifications:• Good influencing, communication and team-working skills at all levels.
• Ability to communicate Tech issues in business terms.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with external service providers where appropriate.
• Develop and maintain network of relationships with the wider GSK Tech organization e.g. GMS Tech, Application Services, End-user & Infrastructure Services; shared services.
• Ability to lead project / deployment functional forums.
• Aware of and understand appropriate commitments/requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS).
• Responsible for project Change Control and Incident Management.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
• Excellent knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
Why GSK?:At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency ReportingFor the Recordsite.