PNC Platform Engineer in Raleigh, North Carolina
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100352 Platform Engineer
Develops software components and/or hardware while consistently meeting customer needs.
Develops software components and hardware for projects; aligns these with business strategies and objectives.
Independently solves common problems and updates applications with new technology.
Collaborates with engineers, architects, developers and other staff to meet project objectives.
Analyzes the technological needs of customers and provides ongoing support for clients.
OH - Cleveland
Line of Business:
OH005 - Cleveland Ops Ctr-North,West,S
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
NC - Raleigh, OH - Cleveland, OH - Columbus, PA - Philadelphia, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Planning: Tactical, Strategic - Working Experience
- Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Industry Knowledge - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effectiveness Measurement - Working Experience
- Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
Consulting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Working Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
IT Industry: Trends & Directions - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
PNC is seeking a Platform Engineer to be a part of the Windows Desktop Engineering team. Work in this role will be varied and include delivery and oversight of many large projects that impact our user base of 50,000+ users. This individual will focus on the development, testing and certification of solutions that will better enable PNC’s desktop environment.
A wide range of Windows Desktop experience in an environment where scale matters.
Proven ability to deliver new and improve existing technologies - more capable, more scalable, faster, easier to support, cheaper, etc.
Proven ability to gather requirements, understand and track future direction/plans of vendors; and communicate our plans and their benefits to PNC through roadmaps.
Expert-level skills in PowerShell. Proven ability to solve problems via automation.
Have extensive engineering experience with multiple Windows Desktop Technologies that could include Windows 10, SCCM/OSD, Office 365 (client & servicing), Windows Group Policy, endpoint security, endpoint performance, or enterprise print management.
Proven experience executing on the product/project lifecycle including selection, design, test, certify, implement, support and optimize.
Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
The passion and ability to make a difference in projects of all sizes.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an IT-related field, such as Computer Science, IS, and Telecom
Demonstrated experience managing large/complex projects
Senior level experience working in a large scale environment, (40,000+ endpoints)
Sound knowledge and understanding of various technologies and their interdependencies
Ability to work alone or in a team environment.
Strong verbal and written communications skills