PDS Tech Inc Computer Systems Analyst - VMWare. Raleigh, NC 27609 in Raleigh, North Carolina
PDS TECH INC. has an exciting opportunity for the role of Computer Systems Analyst - VMWare located in Raleigh,NC 27609
CONTACT: Sana Khan, DIRECT#: 314-665-2124, EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also Share this job with your friends and get rewarded with an exciting Referral Bonus.
NOTE: 6 Months Contract-to-Hire. Applicant must be a US Citizen or a Green Card and is able to Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance
and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Deploy and maintain secure desktop images in the VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure in support of Development, Packaging and Testing teams
• Manage and maintain user profiles
• Manage and maintain VMware App Volumes managers, DB, App Stacks and writable volumes
• The selected individual will work independently with minimal supervision or as part of a team.
• May be required to create time sensitive deliverables.
• May lead project teams within assigned unit develop, plan and manage project tasks.
• Participate in the preparation of materials and oral presentations for customers and management. Play a lead role in meetings relating to specific technical projects or tasks.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Either: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
• Knowledge of MS Windows desktop operating systems, including Windows 10 and MS Server 2012 & 2012 R2
• Knowledge of MS database server SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 or 2014
• Knowledge of VMware Horizon View, to include ongoing management
• Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure design and deployment
• Experience working with VMware App Volumes and how it pertains to virtual deployment
• Experience working with VMware App Volumes writable volumes
• Experience working with Windows User Profiles
• Knowledge of MS Active Directory, in support of deploying VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure with Least Privilege in Production domain
• Knowledge of local and wide area networks to include network operating systems, LAN protocols, LAN management, and LAN physical configuration
• Knowledge of storage area networks to include network operating systems, SAN protocols, SAN management, and SAN physical configuration.
• Experience with hardening and improving the security of Windows operating systems and hardware platforms, local area networks, wide area networks, messaging, and client-server applications.
• Experience developing and maintaining secure VMware virtual machine images.
• Experience developing, maintaining, and secure desktop and server images.
• Ability to develop and maintain IT documentation.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• VMware-related Certification
• VMware UEM experience
• VMware App Volumes experience
• Experience working in a large enterprise environment
• Current, active Position of Public Trust Designation.
• Working knowledge of USPS networks
• Knowledge of MS database server SQL Server 2008 R2
• Knowledge of VMware vSphere to include bare metal installs and ongoing management
• Knowledge of MS Windows server operating systems, including Server 2008 R2
• Knowledge of storage area networks to include network operating systems, SAN protocols, SAN management, and SAN physical configuration
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.