Fortive Corporation MRO Coordinator in Elizabethtown, North Carolina
The position is with Specialty Product Technologies (SPT). SPT manufactures and markets products that sense, measure and control temperature, position, quantity, time, level and flow in the Process Automation and Factory Automation Markets. The Specialty Product Technologies business unit generates approximately $100m in revenue combined with significant operating profit. With two locations; Elizabethtown NC (approximately 60 minutes from Wilmington NC suburbs) and Plainville CT (approximately 20 minutes from Hartford, CT), the business unit has more than 350 associates performing marketing, sales, product development, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain management, human resources, finance and customer service activities. The business is comprised of a variety of product lines under industry recognized brand names including Veeder Root, Eagle Signal, Namco, Dolan Jenner, Joslyn Clark, Superior Electric, Thomson, Hecon, and Partlow. The markets served include electronic timers and counters, mechanical times and counters, voltage control components, variable transformers, thermoplastic bearings, safety light curtains, proximity sensors, fire pump controllers, limit switches and chart recorders.
A maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) coordinator is responsible for the preparation and issuance of purchase orders for products and services that are used to maintain and fix broken machines/ facility equipment, along with some direct material and OSP purchases orders. The job requires regular interaction with management, supply chain and operations. The MRO coordinator shall research quotes for maintenance products and negotiate pricing with vendors as required. The ultimate goal for the MRO coordinator is to reduce the cost of maintaining existing equipment, so negotiating with vendors for bulk discounts and finding the lowest-cost materials within quality standards is critical for the coordinator’s success.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned:
• Responsible for coordinating the procurement of multiple, moderately complex components and parts, to support production and operation.
• Reviews and analyzes procurement requirements and places orders accordingly, using appropriate system.
• Researches and develops competent suppliers of high quality components by preparing bids, proposals, or other informational requests that contain material specification and supplier operational data. Analyzes, information to assess financial stability and manufacturing capabilities of suppliers, and assists in making sourcing decisions for SPT.
• Maintains positive relations with existing suppliers through thorough communications of SPT philosophy, material requirements, and pricing objectives. Contacts suppliers regarding material problems, such as delayed receipt, poor quality, wrong items, etc., and resolves issues.
• Is able to organize and execute advanced negotiation techniques and demonstrate consistent cost savings results and meet company targets.
• Works with other department personnel, such as Production, Quality Assurance, Engineering, etc. to resolve defective or unacceptable goods, plan for future requirements, or incorporate technical needs into future bids and proposals. Refers more complex problems to higher level Procurement Buyers or to supervisor.
• Maintains records and documentation pertaining to past activities, order specifications, supplier specifications and performance histories, etc. and provides information to management as needed.
• Reconcile receiving / P-card issues
• Process MRO requisitions / Process IBuy requisitions
• Process Nuclear OSP requisitions
• Assist in managing Vendor Add/Changes for existing and new suppliers
• Coordinate maintenance for office and engineering printer
• Manage all aspects of purchasing and distribution while taking into account cost-effective solutions
• Communicate with the client, foster a team atmosphere, and report progress
• Assess purchase orders for accuracy and compliance with regulations
• Receive price quotes from vendors, compare quotes against requirements and the budget, and purchase orders via fax and/or computer
• Responsible for PO maintenance (launching, invoicing issues, RTV, expediting)
• Coordinates delivery information for all purchased parts for their assigned cell
• Supports negotiations for target lead-times and desired package sizes
• Blanket PO’s setup for all active materials to improve efficiencies
• Aligns supply chain to future customer demand
• Implementing a forward planning process to minimize purchase part shortages
• Implements best materials practices to improve efficiencies
• Responsible for coordinating production material activities for manufacturing products. This involves the creation and execution of purchase and work orders within our ERP system.
• Monitors and takes appropriate action on engineering change notices.
• Daily review of Dynamic Kanban system reports to provide accurate and timely resolution of material shortages.
• Manage the engineering special order process (SOP) for engineering requests of production assemblies or systems that have minor deviations to the released production design.
• Review unplanned requests for production material and/or MRO.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Strong understanding of ERP systems
• Previous buying and planning experience desired
• Strong lean manufacturing background (Kanban Management)
• Team player, self-motivated
• Results orientation
• Understanding of inventory turns and how to optimize results
• Passionate about application of FBS Tools
• Interest in Lean Manufacturing and hands on experience with Kanban processes.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Primary Location: North America-United States-NC-Elizabethtown
Organization: Specialty Products
EEO Statement: "The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a ""Fortive Company."" Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."
Req ID: SPE000169