Fortive Corporation Global Director of Finance in Elizabethtown, North Carolina
Global Director of Finance
Specialty Product Technologies (SPT) designs, manufactures and markets products that sense, measure or control operating modalities, such as temperature, position, quantity, time, level or flow. The business is home to many industry leading brands including Veeder Root, Eagle Signal, Namco, Joslyn Clark, West, PMA and Bindicator, among others. The business is led from Elizabethtown, NC, with operating locations in US, Europe, China and Brazil. Annual revenue is approximately $130M with 600 associates worldwide.
The Finance Director is responsible for leading Specialty Product Technologies' (SPT) worldwide financial function and for working collaboratively with the president and senior staff to set strategy and drive business results as measured by level 1 policy deployment, KPI performance and Core Value Drivers achievement.
• Partner with SPT President to drive business results, analyze operating company performance and develop actions plans and/or countermeasures to achieve targets
• Report SPT financial results to Sensing Technologies and senior Fortive leadership
• Lead SPT’s financial planning and analysis process, including developing forecasts, budgets, & strategic plans
• Lead accounting and controllership processes, including closings, HFM submissions and compliance programs
• Manage components of working capital to increase the company’s free cash flow
• Manage the company’s investment analysis and decision-making process on capital, new product or marketing expenditures
• Lead through Fortive Business Systme (FBS), in finance and the operating company, to drive continuous improvement in quality, delivery and cost
• Lead, coach, and develop a global team to execute the responsibilities noted above
• B.S. degree in finance/ accounting; MBA & CPA preferred
• 10 years of financial management experience with a majority in manufacturing environments
• Ability to travel periodically both domestically and internationally
• Technical excellence and process orientation in finance & accounting with experience in US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and internal controls
• High level of personal drive
• Demonstrated success in developing people & building bench strength / successors
• Ability to work independently or in teams
• Strong business acumen, aptitude and business savvy
• Results focused with a high sense of urgency
• Sets the bar high and drives continuous improvement
• Possesses attention to detail and a commitment to quality
• Strong leadership and followership skills, including the ability to lead through influence
• Capable of leading, developing and coaching a professional workforce
• Highest levels of personal and professional integrity and ethics
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Job: Finance / Accounting
Primary Location: North America-United States-NC-Elizabethtown
Other Locations: North America-United States-NC-Raleigh, North America-United States-NC-Wilmington, North America-United States-NC-Charlotte
Organization: Specialty Products
EEO Statement: "The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a ""Fortive Company."" Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."
Req ID: SPE000167