SAS Institute Inc. AI Algorithm Researcher/Developer in Cary, North Carolina
Here at SAS we make lives better through analytics. Our tools and solutions give the power to know. In AI algorithms group we are transforming SAS with the power of AI. We are putting AI at the heart of our products.
Reinforcement Learning is pushing the boundaries in AI. This is an area at the forefront of the cutting edge. If you want to work on projects with high impact and visibility … If you are a passionate, curious and creative mind … If you want to extend the theory while innovatively implementing applications … if you want to be a part of the Company that revolutionizes the business through embedding AI … join us in Reinforcement Learning Algorithms Group to solve challenging real-life problems.
Our projects are from a variety of exciting application areas that require a diverse set of approaches. We are expecting you to put your expertise on the table and make fundamental contributions.
· Learn, explore, and research new machine learning algorithms in the field of Reinforcement Learning.
· Develop state-of-the-art, multi-threaded and distributed algorithms in C/ C++ in an agile manner.
· Implement prototypes of existing algorithms and new ideas in a higher-level language like Python.
· Deliver code that accomplishes defined objectives for production.
· Stay informed on new developments in machine learning in both academia and industry.
· Actively participate and present in machine learning/ data mining/ data science conferences about our algorithms.
· Write papers and user documentation to promote the use of our methods and software.
· Communicate with other SAS professional staff in Testing, Technical Support, Education, Marketing, and other departments
· Ph.D. in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics or a related field.
· 3+ years of industry or academic experience in Machine Learning, Optimization or Data Mining and Statistical Models.
· Strong knowledge in machine learning especially reinforcement learning algorithms from an implementation standpoint.
· Strong knowledge of foundations of sequential decision making, Markov Decision Processes, Stochastic Processes and optimization.
· Solid knowledge of software development techniques, languages, and tools.
· Proficient in C/C++ programming, understanding data structures and distributed computing. Excellent communication skills and the desire to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
· Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
· Experience in open source Machine Learning tools like TensorFlow, PyTorch, Chainer etc.
· Experience in Reinforcement Learning
· Strong publication record in top machine learning conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ICLR, KDD)
· Ability to implement distributed, parallel algorithms
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
Requisition ID: 20022438
Visa Sponsorship: Yes
Travel Requirements: None
External Company Name: SAS Institute Inc
External Company URL: www.sas.com